LOCAL ACTIVITIES IN THE AREA
Whatever your enjoy doing, you will find something of interest whilst staying at La Almuña:
- Wind Surfing
- Dolphin | Whale spotting
- Yoga | Massage
- Walking | guided or independent using local guide books
- Wine | Sherry Tasting
- Horse Riding
- Painting | Art | Culture
- The area is a birdwatcher’s and botanist’s paradise in spring and early summer
PLACES TO VISIT
La Almuña makes a great base whilst exploring the region...
Enjoy the places surrounding La Almuña, all within easy driving distance...
- Visit the nearby white villages of Gaucín and Jimena
- Explore other white villages such as Cortez, Casares and Benaladid; the quaint, cobbled Castellar de La Frontera or the artistic village of Genalguacil.
- Visit Ronda (by train or car) to see the famous gorge and - reputedly - the oldest bullring in Spain
- Visit the Spanish Riding School in Jerez or the Carthusian "Yeguada"
- The Sherry Bodegas in Jerez and Sanlucar de Barrameda
- Day trips to Tangiers | guided or otherwise
- Saints' Days, Bull fights, Flamenco Festivals, local Ferias and Rastros
- Sevilla, the heart of Andalucía
- Tarifa, the Roman ruins of Baelo Claudia and the sand dunes at Bolonia
- Flamingos at Laguna de Fuente Piedra, Antequerra
- Marbella and Puerto Banus, famous for their nightlife
- The Alhambra Palace in Granada
- Historic Gibraltar and it's colony of apes
AVERAGE SEASONAL TEMPERATURES
Spring 24ºC | 75.2ºF
Summer 30ºC | 86ºF
Autumn 25ºC | 77ºF
Winter 18ºC | 64.4ºF